Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

Hi!

> I know perfectly well what fd.o is, thank you very much.
>
> the problem at hand is access - and hosting on fd.o has the same issues
> as hosting on launchpad or clutter-project.org, or github: translators
> want direct access to bypass the maintainers because they feel
> (actually: because they made abundantly clear) that the maintainers are
> a bottleneck[0].
>
> again, if direct access to the repository is the goal then any hosting
> *except* git.gnome.org is going to be a problem.

You are oversimplifying things! Actually the translation project would be
glad if we could avoid giving direct repository access to everybody. We
would love to have a tool like transifex/improved d-l/whatever doing the
i18n commits in which case most of the problems with broken commits you
mention do not exist.

However, in the past the maintainers simple have been a bottleneck when
committing translations. And as such it is understandable that translators
don't like to rely on anybody for committing their translations.

Regards,
Johannes