Re: Developing and Testing panel applets

Hi Sergey,

	Just to encourage you - these are good questions to ask, I'm most
pleased you're looking into optimisation. As with everything - we need
to research the field and then optimise the 5% that is taking 80% of the
time :-) thus we need to find it [ ditto for memory usage ].

	Your focused work there would be much appreciated.

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 10:52, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:
> - human ability to make mistakes.
>
> In ideal world with unlimited resources (~heaven) I would write applets
> in asm.

	I used to think like that; but I was wrong ;-) humans write worse
assembler in unlimited time than a C compiler would in the same time. [
and it's unmaintainable ;-].

> Still, some official statement on developer.gnome.org would be nice to
> have, wouldn't it? Michael, could you please put it (or ask any other
> gnome core team guys)?

	Hey. there's not much official about me; however I am interested in
optimisation - and if you are too, lets get together; you might want to
help me getting OO.o accelerated too ;-)

	Sorry for not replying sooner, I was on the train,

	Regards,

		Michael.