Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 02:56:51 +0400, Tomasz Sterna <tomek xiaoka com> wrote:

Dnia 2008-02-13, Śr o godzinie 23:39 +0400, Christian Kirbach pisze:

There are window managers that would glue two windows together and
remember the setting.

 Metacity won't do that for you neccessarily.

Maybe it should.
I think this is a feature request against Metacity, not Nautilus.

I strongly disagree. How can a window manager tell what nautilus windows should be 'glued' to exhibit a 'slit screen' ? The only way is that nautilus asks the WM to do so. I am not familiar with WM APIs but I suspect this is as simple as opening a second nautilus window and then resizing and placing
both appropriately.

Regards

--
Christian Kirbach