Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:47:58 +0400, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax gmail com> wrote:

First of all, I'd like to point out that a normal user, the so-called
dummy user, does not use keyboard shortcut

Can you point us to some source for this information?

- Having a window for each directory, which I've done sometimes, is
quite painful for me, especially if you have many applications opened.

Have you tried to use the tree view in the side pane? You can move/copy
into folders by drag and drop. Folders structures expand automatically.

Placing and resizing two nautilus windows side by side is not as fast
and easy as it would be splitting the nautilus window.

Agreed. Would an option/a button comfort you that spawns another nautilus
window and then place both windows similar to a split view?

Regards

--
Christian Kirbach
Christian Kirbach googlemail com