Re: Nautilus splitted-view

Personally I think that none of this method are quick and easy as some
others would be.

First of all, I'd like to point out that a normal user, the so-called
dummy user,
does not use keyboard shortcut, but I don't know how relevant that is.

Anyway here are my thoughts (please note that I always and only
use nautilus, I've not intention to start a flame or offend any nautilus devs):

- Having a window for each directory, which I've done sometimes, is
quite painful for me, especially if you have many applications opened.
Placing and resizing two nautilus windows side by side is not as fast
and easy as it would be splitting the nautilus window.

- Drag things around is another thing I used to do, very annoying.

- Select, cut/copy, browsing to the destination directory and finally
paste. This is what I do on a every day basis, but when doing lots of
work this is not a very fast way of moving files in my opinion, and so
not very productive.

To summarize, in my opinion and therefore from a 5 years GNOME user
point of view, it would be faster to either have the splitting feature
or the "copy/move to" option in the right-click menu.

The latter is probably more fast as you would have only to select what
you need to copy/move, right-click, select copy/move to, browse to the
destination directory.

Hope to find someone else who share my thoughts on this. :)

Regards,
Salvo

Ps. Shall I send/forward this to the usability list?